The Museums Copyright Group provides a number of resources to help keep museums informed about issues relating to copyright and IPR. The following resources are provided for guidance only and do not constitute legal advice.
Museum Copyright Group members have written a number of articles and resources relating to specific issues and events in copyright.
- Copyright in Photographs of Works of Art
- Changes to Copyright arising from the 2003 Copyright Regulations
The Museums Copyright Group has organised a series of events, workshops and seminars.
- Connecting Culture and Commerce: Getting the Right Balance
- Information on the Latest Spy Voice Recorders
From time to time, the Museums Copyright Group has been commissioned to produce (or has commissioned the production of) a number of reports relating to key issues and developments in Copyright for Museums.
- Feasibility Study for a Collective Licensing Agreement between Cultural Heritage institutions and Collecting Societies
In 2004, the Museums Copyright Group commissioned a series of FAQ for museums based on common questions raised by members. Please note that this list has not been revised since 2004 and may be out of date. Use is entirely at your own risk.